Re: Connecting through firewall

On Fri, 12 May 2000, debian-lists wrote:

> I work at EDS. Here, we have an https firewall that requires a
> login/password in order to open a connection to the internet. I want to
> set up a Debian box on our intranet that will be able to use console apps
> to access the internet (such as lynx, apt-get, lftp, etc...). Is there a
> way that I can make this a reality? I CAN get netscape to connect through
> the network on another unix box. I haven't tried getting a unix box to
> automatically query for a login/password when trying to access data
> outside the company intranet.
> Any information you can point me towards would be GREATLY appreciated.
> Thank you.
> -Jeff Archambeau

I know apt-get and some other support http proxy's dunno of that includes
https ones. They can also do user/pass, no problem there. I'm sure lynx
can do http proxy too... dunno if that includes https, I guess only if you
install the lynx version that can do https. I wish you much luck, I'm
afraid you'll need it.