RE: socket programming

> I am writing a server that accepts telnet connections. I am using basic
> sockets to do so and do not use inetd. I cannot figure out how to disable
> the echoing to screen for the password. I have tried everywhere else, this
> is my last resort.
>
> Brett

I'm not quite sure what you are doing from your description,
but I think you need to look at tcgetattr and tcsetattr.  See
"man termios".  Unset ECHO, get the password, set back to
how it was before.  There may be a little more to it than that.
It's been a long time since I did any of that kind of stuff...

jim