Re: enabling printing

Hello Maury,

Read the printing HOWTO at
http://metalab.unc.edu/mdw/HOWTO/Printing-HOWTO.html

short summary of the steps you would have to take:
- install spooling software (lpr or lprng or similar)
- if you don't just want to be able to print plain text: install gs
- install filter software (magicfilter, apsfilter)
- perhaps install some further graphics conversion software (package
magicfilter recommends a reasonable set of packages, which include support
for printing jpeg, tiff and some other)
- setup your /etc/printcap file (magicfilterconfig can do that for you
for local printers)
- if your printer is attached to the parallel port, make sure the
lp-module is available to your kernel.

Regards,
Daniel