Re: apt [strange error]

On Fri, 12 May 2000, kriptic wrote:

> the other day i tried using dselect to upgrade as normal,
> this is what i saw when trying to [I]nstall
>
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> E: The package checker needs to be reinstalled, but I can't find an
> archive for it.

This means the package 'checker' is in a state that is defined to require
dpkg --unpack on the original .deb to get out of. APT is telling you that
it cannot find that .deb to unpack so checker can be fixed.

You will have to do some manual things with dpkg to fix the checker
package, probably removing it with a forcing option.

Jason