Linux Mail server + password expiry

Hi,

my linux server is going to handle mail for the company (with exim and
 cucipop). Most users will use outlook as their client. I was wondering
whether:

* there's a pop server that supports the expiry data for users
* that server allows the users to change their password with a dialog or
something, I have no idea about how either windows or outlook works.

The other option for me would be to set up a samba domain (does samba
 support password expiration?).

I don't really need people's passwords to expire. I just want to be able
to set up an account with a generic password and have it expire on first
use, this way I don't need to have a new person type in their password
into a terminal.

Of course, now that I'm putting my thoughts to vim, I could just make a
little CGI over https that let's people change their password, hmm...

PS: Please cc me your response, TIA!

--
Rafael Kitover (caelum@debian.org)
while (study $text) { do { sleep } until $test }