Re: [CLUG-Tech] ispell-question

On Thu, May 11, 2000 at 01:39:53PM +0200, Neil Blakey-Milner wrote:
> On Thu 2000-05-11 (12:58), Johann Spies wrote:
> > Is there a way to remove a word from a ispell-hash file?  I was so far
> > unable to find something in the documentation about it.
>
>        If the -s (strip) option is specified, words that  are  in
>        the  specified  hash-file  are removed from the word list.
>        This can be useful with personal dictionaries.
>
> I did that by "/remove" on the man page. ;)

I made the same mistake.  If you read carefully you will see that the
-s option does not remove the word from the hash-file but from the
word list.

e.g.

I want to remove a word "toegangklik" which is spelled wrongly from
the hash file.  So I put it in a word list file named "fout" with
another misspelled word just to check: "toegangklk" and did

sudo munchlist -s /usr/lib/ispell/afrikaans.hash fout
with the following output.

toegangklk

cat fout produces:

toegangklk

The word I wanted removed from the hash file was removed from the file
"fout" and not from the hash file.

I want do do it the other way round.

Johann
--
J.H. Spies, Hugenotestraat 29, Posbus 80, Franschhoek, 7690, South Africa
Tel/Faks 021-876-2337 Sel/Cell 082 898 1528(Johann) 082 255 2388(Hester)