fetchmail

I have a problem with fetchmail (potato/PPC, dial-up connection).
$ fetchmail -v -v -k
gives the output:

reading message 48 of 163 (3807 octets)
About to rewrite Reply-To: German Language TeX Users Group
Communication List <TEX-D-L@listserv.gmd.de>
Rewritten version is Reply-To: German Language TeX Users Group
Communication List <TEX-D-L@listserv.gmd.de>

About to rewrite Sender: German Language TeX Users Group Communication
List <TEX-D-L@listserv.gmd.de>
Rewritten version is Sender: German Language TeX Users Group
Communication List <TEX-D-L@listserv.gmd.de>

About to rewrite From: Christopher Creutzig <ccr@MUPAD.DE>
Rewritten version is From: Christopher Creutzig <ccr@MUPAD.DE>

About to rewrite To: TEX-D-L@listserv.gmd.de
Rewritten version is To: TEX-D-L@listserv.gmd.de

and then times out. I really don't understand why because I use the same
settings at Uni Bonn and they work fine there:

#/home/andre/.fetchmailrc
poll mailin.uni-bonn.de with protocol POP3, with options
        user "myname" there with password "mypass" is andre here

I'm absolutely clueless.

Andre
--
Andre Berger <andre.berger@topmail.de> from Bonn, Germany