Re: Any way to mount, read and write to a ntfs Win2000server?

John Foster <jfoster@augustmail.com> writes:
> I need a driver or info as to new kernels that allow for mounting,
> reading and writing to a Windows2000 file server from Debian Linux. Any
> Ideas??

Are you talking about accessing files on a remote server or a disk in
a local dual boot machine? For the former you'll want to look at
SAMBA. There's a SAMBA HOWTO on the linux docs web sites.

If you're trying to access a Win2k partition on a dual boot system
then read on. I don't know anything about the file system in
Win2000. Is it just NTFS?  If so you can certainly read it by
compiling NTFS read support into the kernel, or as a kernel
module. Last I heard write support wasn't stable and would
occasionally trash NTFS partitions, but it's in the experimental
section of the kernel compilation.

Gary