I Have a problem Installing Debian on my computer

I have a new 600 mhz dell and when i install debian on my computer it wont
install because it cant detect what kind of hard disk i have and scuzi card
for it, and im guessing because it is so new. Im very disapointed because i
got my copy of debian from a 40 dollar 1000 page book and im very interested
in getting linux on my computer but just cannot get it on. do you have any
driver up dates or know where i could get them, or a command i could type
before booting the install? thank you and please write back