Re: virtual ip's -- MODCONF

> > how do I enable ip aliasing?

modconf, grasshopper. try modconf.

your setup may not work with it, but it's GOTTA be easier
than recompiling a kernel!

try 'modconf' and go to ipv4 (i suppose ipv6 if
you've got it) and see if you can select an 'ip_alias'
module...  :)

i suspect this is another reason why we like debian so much:
add a module, poof you're done! who needs source code?

now if we can figure out what the name of the package is
that supplies it, you can nab it if you don't already
have it... hmm...

# dpkg -l \*alias
||/ Name                        Version                     Description
pn  alias                       <none>                      (no
description available)

# dpkg -l ip_\*
No packages found matching ip_*.

so, hopefully you already have it... :(