install problem creating boot disk

David Karlin helped me with my last problem (thanks).
I can proceed with the installation up to the point of creating a bootable
floppy.  At this point, I do not want to make Linux bootable from my
harddrive.  After formating the disk, the install tries to create the
boot disk and aborts with an error.  The error message says to
make sure the disk isn't write protected (which it isn't).  What
am I doing wrong?
Thanks, Dave

David B. Wilson
Department of Criminology & Criminal Justice
University of Maryland College Park
Room 2220 LeFrak Hall
University of Maryland
College Park, MD 20742-8235