Re: what package is sh(bourne) in?

On Sun, Apr 30, 2000 at 03:05:36PM -0500, jerry j jaskierny wrote:
> i'm trying to figure out what package "sh" is included in.  anyone
> know?  i can't seem to find it.  i suppose i could do a grep of "sh"
> but that would take forever to search through.  thanks.

BASH and ASH provide sh.  AFAIK, there isn't any original Bourne Shell
(sh) available.  When a shell script has the magic "#! /bin/sh" on the
first line, BASH runs in compatibility mode (at least it's supposed
to!).  I think ASH is a straight Bourne Shell clone, but I may be
mistaken.

--
¶ One·should·only·use·the·ASCII·character­set·when·compos­

» ing·email·messages.