Re: PCI Modem

My roommate has a PCI modem as well, though it's made by ESS not Wisecom..
supposedly it's not a Winmodem, but who can really tell.

> assigned to a serial device. Do the following:
>
> 1. make sure you have pciutils installed.

Check

> 2. run lspci -v and look for a reference to the "serial controller"
> device. Note its IRQ and i/o port address, say, for example:
>
> "00:13.0 Serial controller: US Robotics: Unknown device 1008 (rev 01) (prog-if 02)
>         Subsystem: Unknown device 12b9:00ad
>         Flags: medium devsel, IRQ 19
>         I/O ports at efe0"

Check, found it on IRQ 4 (?) IO Port b400

> 3. open /etc/rc.boot/0setserial, scrool down to MANUAL CONFIGURATION,
> look at the lines for COM1 to COM4, and uncomment the line for, say,
> ttyS2 and edit it to read, say, for example:
>
>  "${SETSERIAL} -b  /dev/ttyS2 uart 16550A port 0xefe0 irq 19
> ${STD_FLAGS}"

Check, Windows had it on COM1, so i changed /dev/ttyS0

> 4. reboot.

Done, but modem still doesn't respond to anything.

Any other ideas?

-- Curtis Hogg

Email 1 - buckminst@inconnu.isu.edu
Email 2 - buckminst@hotmail.com