RE: Semi-frequent lock-ups (unrealated)

The # after 2.2.14 indicates what build of the kernel you're running...
namely, if you recompile your kernel, this number will increase.

Mine's at #17 =)

-- Curtis Hogg

Email 1 - buckminst@inconnu.isu.edu
Email 2 - buckminst@hotmail.com
WWW - http://www.cyberhighway.net/~buckmins

				UNIX Trix

For those of you in the reseller business, here is a helpful tip that will
save your support staff a few hours of precious time.  Before you send your
next machine out to an untrained client, change the permissions on /etc/passwd
to 666 and make sure there is a copy somewhere on the disk.  Now when they
forget the root password, you can easily login as an ordinary user and correct
the damage.  Having a bootable tape (for larger machines) is not a bad idea
either.  If you need some help, give us a call.
		-- CommUNIXque 1:1, ASCAR Business Systems