RE: sources of debian apps: is there a standard place?

i'm pretty new to debian, but i'm compiling things becos what i want isn't
available as binaries  - i'm praying i'll still be able to search and
destroy stuff when i want to get rid of it without killing a lot of things i
don't understand as well :-)

if you're a C programmer ;)

Dominic Blythe				||	I used to be an advocate of
						||	Anything But
Microsoft