Re: DOSEMU?

Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:

> > However, since DOSEMU uses custom kernel modules, couldn't a crash
> > inside DOSEMU take down my precious Linux box, too?
> >
> huh? kernel modules? wasn't that in the far past? all needed changes have
> been incorporated in the upstream kernels, afaik.

I remember that on SuSE 4.4 the default system would print an error
message about the System.map symbols not matching.  This message was
generated when loading (well, trying to load) the module needed for
DOSEMU.  I know SuSE 4.4 is ages old, but I have been using it for more
than a year, before I switched to Debian.  Never played with DOSEMU
after the switch.

Well, I guess, I might as well give it a shot

MfG Viktor
--
Viktor Rosenfeld
E-Mail:         mailto:rosenfel@gmx.de