Re: where is rc.local ?

Daniel Barclay <dsb@smart.net> writes:
>> From: mathieu <mat123@netcourrier.com>
>> Hello, i have seen that rc.d like on slackware doesn't exist, and
>> that rc.* are directly in /etc. But where must i put my line
>> command to be executed when the system boot ?? Like num lock,
>> ipchains and all my stuff...  Thank you for your answer,
DB>
DB> Try /etc/rc.boot.
DB>
DB> (I don't know why everyone else is telling you about run-level-change
DB> part (/etc/init.d) without mentioning the boot part (/etc/rc.boot).)

Because it's obsolete?  The Right Thing To Do (TM) with modern
versions of Debian is to put your startup script in /etc/init.d, and
create symlinks as appropriate using ln(1) or update-rc.d(8).  If you
want it to run at boot time, put the symlink in /etc/rcS.d.

Note that if you *do* decide to use rc.boot, it runs after everything
in /etc/rcS.d.  This may or may not be what you want.

--
David Maze             dmaze@mit.edu          http://www.mit.edu/~dmaze/
	-- Abra Mitchell