Re: /dev/lp0 does not exist

> When I try echo "hello" > /dev/lp0 (or lp1,2,3) I get something like
> device doesn't exist. But it is there? Where is  the problem? Any ideas?

the special file is always there - it's installed with linux itself.
you must compile printer support in the kernel or load the right modules.
all kernels need "parallel printer support" under "character devices" and
2.2 kernels need "parport" and "parport_pc" under "general setup" enabled.

Linux - the last service pack you'll ever need.