Re: Archiving and Expiring Mail

On Mon, Apr 24, 2000 at 04:54:00PM +0200, Erik van der Meulen wrote:
> Hi. I use Procmail and Mutt for processing +200 mail messages every day
> (large share from this list ;-))
> I would like to have a tool which is able to archive and/or expire mail
> messages on a per mailbox bases.
> Did not find anything matching in the Mail-packages list on
> www.debian.org.
> Any suggestions?

I just got done looking up this one myself, as I did not want to keep any
debian-user mail older than 30 days old.  Add this to your .muttrc

folder-hook debian-user "push 'D~d >30d\n'"

where "debian-user" is the name of the mail file where your mail is stored.

I will not take credit for this, I found it on a deja post:
http://x41.deja.com/[ST_rn=ps]/getdoc.xp?AN=529909910&search=thread&CONTEXT=956587245.1650458628&HIT_CONTEXT=956585501.1607860225&hitnum=4

Good luck,
--Jay Barbee