Re: where is rc.local ?

mathieu wrote:
> Hello,
> i have seen that rc.d like on slackware doesn't exist,  and that rc.*
> are
> directly in /etc. But where must i put my line command to be executed
> when the
> system boot ?? Like num lock, ipchains and all my stuff...
> Thank you for your answer,

Move your script to /etc/init.d, complete it with a start and stop part.
Then hook it into the system with "update-rc.d", you'll find the syntax
described in the manpage or by reading the examples from
grep update-rc.d /var/lib/dpkg/info/*.postinst

Regards,

	Joey

--
A mathematician is a machine for converting coffee into theorems.