Re: lpd troubles (can't enable lp2 lp3 spools)

Bruce Sass <bsass@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca> writes:

> > My printcap specifies three printers: lp|lp1, lp2, and lp3 with spools
> > in /var/spool/lpd/(lp1|lp2|lp3). These are all for the same printer on
> > /dev/lp0, but with different options (draft, normal, best).
>
> Hmmm, those are all valid names for lineprinter devices (parallel
> ports), it is probably best to pick some other names to use... just to
> eliminate the possibility that the software thinks you are referring to
> different parallel ports.

Bruce, thanks for your suggestion. I tried renaming the printers in
the printcap to something different, creating their spool directories,
restarting lpd, but the problem persists.

,----
| tea:/etc/init.d# lpc enable lpn
| lpn:
|         queuing enabled
| tea:/etc/init.d# lpc start lpn
| lpn:
|         printing enabled
| lpc: connect: Connection refused
|         couldn't start daemon
`----

I have a feeling that the problem lies with some networking issue
(since the *connection* is refused). Which is kinda weird, since these
are all local printers.
--
Arcady Genkin                                 http://www.thpoon.com
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.