Scrolling with a Wheel Mouse in Netscape

Got on Collas Nahaboo's Wheel Mouse web page. I was
able to use the information on it to get my xterm to
scroll previous output, but I'm still having problems
getting Netscape to work. The information on Collas'
page said to add some lines to /.Xdefaults, but I find
no such file on my system. I tried creating an
.Xdefaults in my user directory, but this had no
effect on Netscape.

(BTW, the link to imwheel, the application that is
supposed to allow the wheelmouse to work with legacy
applications, no longer exists or has apparently been
page-jacked by some out-of-work programmer who likes
bragging about having reinvented Chinese Checkers and
posing bare-chested with samurai swords (I'm not smart
enough to make this up, you'll have to see for
yourself). )

Does anyone know the correct procedure for enabling a
Wheel Mouse (specifically a Microsoft Intellimouse
manufactured for Gateway) in Netscape?