Problem: X and the s3 Trio 64 AGP

I am running a debian(frozen) i386 system and I am trying
to get my Xserver running with my s3 Trio 64 AGP. It works
with the VGA16 server and the FBDev server, but neither
will give me a resolution highter than 640x480. My XF86 is
version 3.3.6-6 and according to some older postings it
SHOULD be working. Despite reading the older posts, I have
no clue how to get it to work.

My first choice would of course be to get the card working
on a "real" Xserver, my second choice to get it running
on FBDev. (Might just need correct modelines...? I did try
all the standard ones in the manuals.)

One problem is that I am rather unwilling to install things
from other dists than the one I am currently using. It always
seems to cause problems and complicate things... =)

	//Odie

d99msr@efd.lth.se	Mats Mikael Ström (aka Odie)
046 - 391226		Magistratsvägen 55, F:209
ICQ: 17314512  		226 44 Lund