Re: modem does not work

On Sat, Apr 22, 2000 at 12:53:02AM -0300, Ernesto Junior wrote:
> i have a motorols SM56 pci speakerphone modem and i cannot get it to
> work.  i have tried to use minicom, seyon, ppp...whatever, and linux
> does not recognize my modem. What can i do? please do not say i have
> to purchase another one.  i hope i can set the jumpers but i want to
> know if its possible.

Unfortunately, the modem you describe sounds like a member of the
"winmodem" family.  Very few of these are supported under Linux.  Do
yourself a favor and buy a hardware modem.

Consult http://www.o2.net/~gromitkc/winmodem.html for more information.

--
¶ One·should·only·use·the·ASCII·character­set·when·compos­

» ing·email·messages.