Re: Potato INSTALL on LAPTOP (NEC Versa 4050H): pcmcia modules unresolved

On Fri, 21 Apr 2000, Rick Macdonald wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Apr 2000, Bruce Sass wrote:
> > the latest Potato boot floppies release.  2.2.11 was just released (last
> > night) and fixes some (all?) of the modconf related problems.  There was
> > also an upload of new pcmcia packages a day or two ago (check
> > incoming.debian.org if they are not in the ftp archive yet).  I'd give
> > bf-2.2.11 a try.
>
> Sure, this is better!
>
> I assume that you mean:
>
> http://incoming.debian.org/boot-floppies_2.2.11_all.deb
>
> and not the bf-*-* stuff?

I'd wait until it hits the ftp archive
(.../debian/dists/potato/main/disks-i386/2.2.11*).

The boot-floppies .deb is the package that provides the bits you need to
build your own boot floppies; good if you are creating custom boot
floppies or are working with the boot floppies team.  I think you need
to have potato installed to use them.

The stuff uploaded to incoming gets processed into what you see in the
ftp archive automatically.

- Bruce