Re: debian Linux

"Sven Burgener" <svenib@hotmail.com> writes:

> I am thinking of extending my O'Reilly library by buying "Learning debian
> GNU / Linux". In your opinion, is that a good thing to do when one is in
> my situation (not new to Linux, but new to debian) and when one only has
> a dial-up at home?

the book is available online for free (open publication license).
Considering the experience you already have with linux, you might want
to get that, and view it 'online' or only print the installation-section
and the section on the package-tools.

BTW:
wget -r -L -I/catalog/debian \
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/debian/chapter/index.html