psutils and Postscript manipulation

Hi all,

I have been playing around with the psutils package and I am really
impressed.  What bugs me however, is that psnup will simply scale down
the individual pages and arrange them on another page, including all
margins in the original file.  While this looks pretty good, it wastes
space space.  So I measured the margins myself and used pstops to
arrange the pages myself.  (I also included space for punching holes and
stuff like that.)

Which leads me this question: How can I measure the margins of a
Postscript file automatically?  Is there a tool?  Or is there good
documentation of the Postscript file format, so somebody could write a
short perl script?  And as a side question: Is it possible to scale a
Postscript file with different values for the x- and the y-ratio?
pstops will only scale x and y with the same value, but using different
values, you could use page space more effeciently.

MfG Viktor
--
Viktor Rosenfeld
E-Mail:		mailto:rosenfel@informatik.hu-berlin.de