Realplayer 7 -- hangs "buffering"

Deja didn't turn up much on this.

I've got Realplayer 7 installed on my work machine, which operated
behind a firewall, and can't play streams from sites.  The player just
sits with a "buffering" message.

On a lark I tried RealPlayer 5 as well (found an old copy from Real's
archive site, IIRC), and find that it has the same problem.

Anyone else?  Suggestions as to what I might look at on the firewall or
elsewhere on the network?

Thanks.

--
Karsten M. Self <kmself@ix.netcom.com>           http:/www.netcom.com/~kmself