Re: crypto patch

"Michael O'Brien" <mobrien@pixar.com> writes:
> Rookie question here. I'm trying to setup an encrypted filesystem as per:
>
>     http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Loopback-Encrypted-Filesystem-HOWTO-3.html
>
> The first step is installing the latest crypto patch. How do I install the
> "latest crypto patch" using apt-get?
[snip]

You probably don't. The only chance you have is that the Debian kernel
source already contains the patch, otherwise you'll have to get the
patch yourself and either apply it to a Debian kernel-source package,
or download the raw kernel source from someplace like ftp.kernel.org
and apply the patch to that.

If you have to compile a new kernel be sure to check out the
Debian kernel-package package. Nice utility!

Gary