Re: External monitor in X

One word of warning I should mention.  For some reason, every once in a while the
graphics get screwed up, especially on the enlightenment menus and application
scrolling.  A quick solution to this is to drop down to a virtual terminal ctrl+alt+F1
and then switch back to X alt+F7, then everything should be back to normal although you
may have a slightly messy screen, but that can be tidyed up by moving  or
shade/unshading the windows...

Its a small price to pay and means you dont have to restart anything...

Johnny.

> > Thank you for your answer. I am running the modified xserver Mach64 from
> > Steve's Dell-pages. What version of debian are you running? I cannot find t
> > he xserver corresponding to ATI Rage 128 (generic) from potato (that you
> > said you are using). I can get external monitor working if I set 'only CRT'
> > option from BIOS but this is very annoying because if I forget to set it
> > back to LCD before I shutdown the machine, I will have no screen at all
> > on the road!

<snip>