Re: need info for confused ISP

On 15-Apr-2000 04:26:22 George Bonser wrote:
> On Sat, 15 Apr 2000, Pollywog wrote:
>
>> We e-mailed back and forth a few times and it came out that what
>> they
>> meant was that they don't know anything about Linux and that
>> trying
>> to run it would be a security risk because they don't know how to
>> configure it.
>
> Point out that NT is a security risk even if you KNOW how to
> configure it
>:) Because the source is closed, there could be any number of
>:backdoors
> and potential exploits that only Microsoft and the "bad guys" know
> about.

You probably read about the backdoor in some MS products, a password
that some MS employees put in the software, which allows those people
to access servers and steal data from them.

> Why would you go with an NT ISP in the first place? I sure hope
> they don't
> have your credit card number :-o
No, I didn't.  They contacted me after reading a reply of mine to a
question asked on a mailing list.  They should have e-mailed the
original poster but they e-mailed me instead.

I did not have them host my domain precisely because they are an NT
ISP, but I did not tell them so until today.

--
Andrew