Re: mouse

On Fri, Apr 14, 2000 at 10:09:32PM -0400, Chris Mason wrote:
> I'm installing corel linux on yet another machine, this time for a web
> server, and from the start the mouse did not work. It's a standard two
> button mouse, com1 interface, works under windows, so why would corel
> not initialize this mouse?  How do I install the mouse?  Thanks

Never heard of a standard two-button mouse.  You'll need to be a little
more specific.  When you say "com1" I'm guessing you mean the serial
interface /dev/ttyS0.  So, try that as the device for starters.  Then,
you may need to use something like the Bus Mouse or Logitech Mouse
driver.  If you have XF86Setup installed or (Xmseconfig for just mouse
properties) try playing around with different settings until you find
one that works (you'll want to enable "Emulate 3 button mouse").

If you still can't get it to work, please specify the exact type of
mouse and the interface it connects to (guessing serial port).

--
¶ One·should·only·use·the·ASCII·character­set·when·compos­

» ing·email·messages.