Re: One Lp, problem solved! But where do parms go?

On Fri, Apr 14, 2000 at 05:08:06PM -0700, Kenneth Scharf wrote:
> I posted a question here a while ago asking how to
> configure the system to use only one of three LP ports
> that I have. (on potato) I found out the answer, and
> it's not what anyone else mentioned.
>
> I had to give parport_pc the following module
> argument:
> io=0x378
>
> I had to then give lp the following module argument:
> parport1,none,none
>
> This was figured out by running modinfo -p on lp.o and
> parport_pc.o  (I also figure how how to configure my
> sb module that way!)
>
> Now I have a question...where are the module
> parameters given to modconf stored.  They are NOT in
> /etc/modules as the comments there seem to indicate.
> Does modconf actually modify the module binary?  Or is
> there another configuration file someplace?

Check out /etc/modutils/aliases

Only edit the files there, then run update-modules, which will create a
modified /etc/modules.conf for you (which is the file actually read by
insmod and friends).

--
¶ One·should·only·use·the·ASCII·character­set·when·compos­

» ing·email·messages.