Re: need info for confused ISP

On Fri, Apr 14, 2000 at 05:56:15PM -0000, Pollywog wrote:
> I am still a newbie, but I wonder what I could do to get them to
> really look into changing to Linux or other UNIX.  Anyone have any
> good websites where ISP's can compare Linux and NT?

Not exactly what you're looking for, but:

http://www.unix-vs-nt.org/

might help.  Make sure to read the Kirch paper.  It's a little out of
date now, but still a good read.

As someone else has mentioned in this thread, I'd be leery (sp?) of
encouraging someone to use Linux in a production environment if he
doesn't yet have enough experience with it.  But, maybe they can try it
on their LAN behind a firewall for a while, or something.

They can take a look at FreeBSD as someone else has mentioned as well,
or OpenBSD - http://www.openbsd.org/

Good luck.  ;-)