Re: Trying to run one process as root, how?

> The other solution, setting XAUTHORITY in the root environment to
> that of the user that owns the X session, also worked for me.
> I've never seen that before - neat.

I'm thinking, shouldn't this be done automatically by /bin/su ?
This would make a lot of sense and simplify life significantly. Just check
the archives, how often this question pops up.

Granted, it will not work in every situation, but still will be useful in
most cases.

Another way might be to encorporate the setting of XAUTHORITY into the
default root's .bashrc

Sergey.