exim as mail"hub" on a dialup line

Hi!

At home, I have my debian box acting as masquerading gateway/mail-/fileserver
et al for my local network. The clients have the box as outgoing mailserver,
which works fine as long as the box is actually connected to the internet.

What I can´t figure out is to get it to accept mail from the clients and just
stow it away in the queue even when it´s not connected to the internet.

When I telnet in on port 25 from one of the clients and issue the appropriate
HELO bla, it tries to resolve the hostname with its forwarding nameserver,
which of course times out. When I´m telnetting to port 25 on localhost, it
doesn´t ?!

Now I´m running a local nameserver which has entries for the clients and the
proper reverse-lookups, so it shouldn´t try to contact its forwarding
nameserver. This works fine when issuing a ´host bla´ from the commandline, but
not when exim is trying to resolve.

Any help/advice/rtfm-pointer would be most appreciated, I seem to be finally
stuck with what I call knowledge :/

TIA,
&rw

Following are the relevant (at least I hope :) config portions:

/etc/exim.conf:
qualify_domain = waldner.priv.at
local_domains = waldner.priv.at:WatchZwerg.waldner.priv.at:watchdog.waldner.priv
.at::localhost
local_domains_include_host = true
local_domains_include_host_literals = true
#host_lookup = 0.0.0.0/0
#rbl_domains = rbl.maps.vix.com
#rbl_reject_recipients = true
#rbl_warn_header = false
host_accept_relay = "192.168.0.0/16:193.80.224.96/30:127.0.0.0/8"

/etc/bind/named.conf:
options {
        directory "/etc/bind";
        forward only;
        forwarders {
//                192.16.202.11;
                192.92.138.35;
                193.81.83.2;
        };
zone "intern.waldner.priv.at" {
        type master;
        file "named.intern";
};

zone "0.168.192.in-addr.arpa" {
        type master;
        file "192.168.0";
};

/etc/bind/named.intern:
eth0.WatchZwerg IN      A       192.168.0.99 //ethernet-if to local network
BaerenHoehle    IN      A       192.168.0.1  //one of the client-boxes

/etc/bind/192.168.0:
99      IN      PTR     eth0.WatchZwerg.intern.waldner.priv.at.
1       IN      PTR     BaerenHoehle.intern.waldner.priv.at.

/etc/resolv.conf:
search intern.waldner.priv.at waldner.priv.at at.eu.net austria.eu.net
nameserver 127.0.0.1

--
  / KPNQwest@ECTA, 10.-13.4.2k, Hofburgkongresscentrum,  Stand 14-15 \
 /  KPNQwest@IFABO,12.-15.4.2k, Ifabo-Internet-Café,        Halle 16  \