install help with a SCSI CDROM on a 486

I've been fighting this Debian install for 3 weeks and am about tired of it.
If I don't get an answer here, then I am taking the damn CD to the skeet
range. OK, here is what I got:

Debian 2.1 bootable CD, official type that comes in the box, has the Debian
tm logo on it and the O'Rielly cow book in the box with it

Desired packages:
Perl(full install not just the basic package), Python, gcc, apache/httpd,
mySQL

Compaq Prolinea 4/66 20megsRAM  < a 486>
Fujitsu 4.3 HD partitioned as:
 hda1 := 2048
 hda5 := 1024 <copied the Debian CD here in /Debian using xcopy in DOS>
 hda6 := 1024 <copied W31 & W95 here to make it easier to reinstall >
 hda7 := 0033 Linux swap <from previous install attempts>
 hda8 := 0033 somehow generated in one of the install attempts, delete later

Netgear/Bay Network EA201 D2  NIC
Adaptec AVA-1505A hooked to an internal IBM/Matsuhita CR-503-C
CDROM is at SCSI#3
during DOS bootup it shows the card as
 Host Adapter #0
 Port 140h
 Interrupt 10
 Host Adapter SCSI ID = 7

One of the references that I found is at

http://customer.support.redhat.com/rhoaprod/plsql/xxrh_know_pkg.srch2?p_id=1
20

and its example was   aha152x=0x340,10,7
however, I believe that I should have aha152x=0x140,10,7 due to the IO
address

Now I can click Win95 Start, Shutdown to DOS, go to the CDROM as I:\ in
Win98DOS, cd install, invoke boot.bat, select color, select USA keyboard,
partition hda1 as ext2~>Write~>yes,~>Quit init&activate swap hda7, init
/dev/hda1, "skip the bad block check since it has been done about 20 times
without finding anything", mount as /, Install Operating System Kernel and
Modules, Select CDROM as medium, select /dev/scd0 : SCSI, and bleewy "NO
SCSI ADAPTER DETECTED"

The question remains, where do I tell Debian to aha152x=0x140,10,7 in this
process?? I don't see a place to pass these parameters to the install
program. What am I missing???

Also, when I get to modules, what module do I load for the NIC??

Any help will be appreciated,

Will