RE: newbie question.

>> On Thu, Apr 13, 2000 at 01:45:00PM +0200, Robert Varga wrote:

> The debian cd should contain the rtl8139.o file. It should install it, if
> you select the rtl8139 module during the kernel module configuration phase
> of the installing. If you want to reconfigure the installed modules of the
> installation, you need to start from install the base system menu item.

Ah, I don't want to be such a wiseguy, but I'm quite sure that _all_ modules
are installed regardless of what you select at install time.

The selection interface is just the program modconf, which you can rerun
anytime. If a module is compiled at all in the debian standard kernel, it will
show up there (under net)

I do not know what things modconf does, but it does add a line for the module
to /etc/modules.

Give it a try

Christian