Re: Gnome/Enlightenment Setup.

On Thu, 13 Apr 2000, Henry Kleynhans wrote:

> I'm pretty new to Debian, still used to Redhat's click and it's all
> installed
> method of doing things.  Can someone please enlighten me on how to
> get Gnome and Enlightenment setup together ?

Create or edit the .xsession file in the user's home directory (or the
global Xsession file in /etc/X11 if you prefer) and add a line:

exec gnome-session

as the last line in the file. The next time you fire up X it will execute
this program which will start all the Gnome apps (panel, gmc, etc). Once
you have gnome up, open the gnome-control-center (gnomecc) app. You can
find it in the default panel menu or run it from the command line. The
control-center has a settings dialog for window manager selection. If
Enlightenment is installed, you should see it there. Then just select it
and go!

Read the user manual at www.gnome.org for more details on installing and
using gnome.

BTW, there are other ways of combining Enlightenment and Gnome, but this
is the 'Gnome way'.

Jason

Jason Christensen                  Ideas won't keep;
jason@jasonchristensen.net         something must be done about them.
www.jasonchristensen.net                     - Alfred North Whitehead