Re: cleaning lost+found on boot

On Thu, Apr 13, 2000 at 11:42:42AM -0700, kmself@ix.netcom.com wrote:
> If you don't want to wipe your /tmp directory on each boot, you might
> remove the whole stanza, and use another mechanism to remove cruft from
> /tmp.

Yup, this is what I had done (immediately after installing in fact).

> The script *only* deletes lost+found inodes from /tmp, no other
> lost+found directory is affected.

OK, this is where I was confused.  I was thinking that it cleaned the
/lost+found dir (the one in the root directory) which would have been
bad for obvious reasons.  I guess I wasn't paying enough attention to
the "cd /tmp &&" part of the stanza.

Thanks.