php3-pgsql module not loading?

Hi,

I'm looking to see if anyone has php3-pgsql working against postgresql 7
(from the unstable tree).  I had it all working nicely under potato, but I
saw that postgresql 7 was out, and I _really_ need foreign keys.  (A lack of
referential contraints is what got the old database here in trouble.) I
installed the postgres 7 beta from the unstable tree, and since then the
pgsql module does not seem to load (i.e. I'm not seeing it when I load up an
info.php3 page).  I have the module set to load automatically (here are the
relevant lines from my php3.ini file):

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; Paths and Directories ;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
[. . .]
extension_dir   =       /usr/lib/php3/apache            ; directory in which
		;the loadable extensions (modules) reside

[. . .]
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; Dynamic Extensions ;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
extension=calendar.so
extension=crypt.so
extension=pgsql.so

The relevant files are there:

blais:/usr/lib/php3/apache$ ls
calendar.so  crypt.so  pgsql.so
blais:/usr/lib/php3/apache$

Does the module need to be compiled against the new version of postgres?  If
so, I guess I'll just compile php3 and postgres by hand.  Thanks for any
tips.

Andrew Sullivan                                      Computer Services
<sullivana@bpl.on.ca>                        Burlington Public Library
+1 905 639 3611 x158                                   2331 New Street
                                   Burlington, Ontario, Canada L7R 1J4