Re: Partitioning

Quoth Oswald Buddenhagen,
> remark: kernel 2.4 will support ntfs write access (even though still
> experimental, i think). so you would not need a "share partition"

I'm by no means a kernel hacker, but I try to read Kernel Traffic pretty
regularly.

My impression was that NTFS support is currently unmaintaied, and it is
planned to be dropped from the kernel some time in the not too distant
future.

I certainly could be wrong though - I'm happy to be corrected.

cheers,

damon

--
Damon Muller (dm-sig6@empire.net.au) /  It's not a sense of humor.
* Criminologist                     /  It's a sense of irony

- Running Debian GNU/Linux: Doing my bit for World Domination (tm) -