Re: hwclock w/ Compaq, playing ".ram"'s

Lee Elliott wrote:

> Hello Vitux,
>
> On 12-Apr-00, you wrote:
>
> V> Hi There.
> V> I can't seem to get the cmos clock set doing:
> V> hwclock --set --date="foo/bar..."
> V> I figure maybe my compaq mobo has some strangeness in it's
> V> CMOS?? It's a EP 6350, PII/350, using (AFAIK) a proprietary
> V> compaq-bios.
>
> Could well be due to the Compaq mobo - I must have set up 50 EP series
> m/c's (M$ unfortunately) of various specs, and the previous range:
> DP2000 was worse.  They do seem to be very proprietary and you have
> less trouble with more generic systems.

You're probably right. (Don't you just hate the way it says
"designed for microsoft windows(tm)" on the little sticker
on the box?!)
I've got a "generic" dualPII mobo coming up...
In the meantime, I've succeeded in setting the time & date
by means of a Compaq User Diags diskette (yuck!). Now I've
gotta figure out why Linux is two hours ahead, when it used
to work fine w/ my ole 486'er. (I'm guessing it could be a
timezone-problem, since hwclock set to UTC).
Thanks for the help, I'll have a go at debianizing the
RealPlayer...
;-)
Regards
Vitux