Re: file and http URI-s to the same typ

On Wed, Apr 12, 2000 at 10:21:03PM +0200, Attila Csosz wrote:
> I've had a lot of files in my cache directory of the apt-get program.
> I used apt-move to create a local mirror. I'd like to use both ( the local
> and the internet mirror ) to update my system. Is it possible for the apt
> program with the following 'sources.list' file to look for at first in my
> local mirror for files and than if the file doesn't exists it look for files
> on the internet?

Yes.  In fact, that's what it should be doing already.  Isn't it?

> It will be useful to create a new debian based box using both local and the
> internet mirror.
> I'd write the local mirror to cdrom.

You can do that.  I keep a similar mirror of the packages I use on one
of my systems (ie, 'apt-move sync' -- I don't want a full mirror.. the
200M or so I have of debs is plenty) and propogate that to the others
via NFS.  Works great and means a lot less time and bandwidth wasted
downloading.

> ---------
> # Use for a local mirror - remove the ftp1 http lines for the bits
> # your mirror contains.
> # deb file:/your/mirror/here/debian stable main contrib non-free
> # See sources.list(5) for more information, especial
> # Remember that you can only use http, ftp or file URIs
> deb file:/usr/mirrors/debian frozen main contrib non-free
> deb file:/usr/mirrors/debian frozen non-US/main non-US/contrib non-US/non-free
>
> deb ftp://ftp.hu.debian.org/debian frozen main contrib non-free
> deb ftp://ftp.hu.debian.org/debian-non-US frozen non-US/main
> deb ftp://ftp.hu.debian.org/debian-non-US frozen non-US/contrib
> deb ftp://ftp.hu.debian.org/debian-non-US frozen non-US/non-free

That's correct.

> I got the following messages; is it problem?
>
> Ign file: frozen/main Release
> Ign file: frozen/contrib Release
> Ign file: frozen/non-free Release
> Ign file: frozen/non-US/main Release
> Ign file: frozen/non-US/contrib Release
> Ign file: frozen/non-US/non-free Release

No, it just doesn't need them.

--
Brian Moore                       | Of course vi is God's editor.
      Sysadmin, C/Perl Hacker     | If He used Emacs, He'd still be waiting