Re: SLRNPULL

	Subject: SLRNPULL
	Date: Wed, Apr 12, 2000 at 09:20:28AM +0100

Quoting Paul Clark(paul@paulclark.org.uk):
Paul> Hi, can someone confirm for me that SLRNPULL cannot access newsservers
Paul> that need it to log in and provide a password?

NO, I can't ( If I understand you correctly).

Lets see.
If your newsserver requires a password - create a file
/var/spool/slrn/authinfo    that contains
login name
password

It is not required if your NNTP server doesn't use passwords so
I simply change the file name for those servers ie (1.authinfo)

I Think that answers your question.
--
Any programming language is at its best before it is implemented and
used.