Re: ImageMagick / MPEG

On Tue, Apr 11, 2000 at 03:18:52PM -0800, Christopher S. Swingley wrote:
> I'm trying to convert MPEG files to animated GIF images using
> ImageMagick's 'convert' program.  It says
>
>     sh: mpeg2decode: command not found
>     convert: delegate failed (mpeg2decode -q -b %i -f -r -o3 %o%%05d).
>     convert: no delegate for this image format (MPG).
>
> Can someone tell me if there is a Debian package that includes this
> program?  I have several MPEG libraries installed, but none of the
> Debian packages I looked at seemed like they included this file.

GIMP 1.1 will do mpeg encoding if you install the ucbmpeg package. It
provides several utilities, including mpeg_encode.  It's "non-free" I
think.  I don't know what provides mpeg2decode, maybe search the Debian
website.

--
¶ One·should·only·use·the·ASCII·character­set·when·compos­

» ing·email·messages.