Re: apache_1.3.9-12_i386.deb

> [Sun Apr 9 18:16:43 2000] [error] [client 194.145.136.134] Premature end
> of scr ipt headers: /home/andricik/public_html/works/test.cgi

what happens when you run the program on the command line?  what about if
you first su to the user the web server runs as? (you may have to assign the
web server userid a shell first)

> When I put test.cgi in /var/www or directly in public_html it is OK. Even
> in subdirectory it's OK. But if test.cgi is in the directory symlinked
> (like the works directory above) it fails.

it sounds like it's a problem with following symlinks.  one possibility is
that the default apache config has change from allowing the following of
symlinks to denying it.  check out the directives followsymlinks and
followsymlinksifownermatch (that might be wrong but their names are similar
to that).

> When I renamed public_html to Html (which I used to use for years
> without any problems) it does not work at all, does not matter if the
> directory is symlinked or not.

hrm, hard to say without actually looking, but that sounds like a
permissions problem.

> Downgrading to apache_1.3.9-10_i386.deb. helped. I don't know if -11 has
> also the same problem. Any idea?

keep a copy of your old configs, do the upgrade and then diff them and see
if anything enlightening shows up.  otherwise i'd hit the apache web site
and look at the changelog too see what has changed between those two
vesrions.  apache is normally pretty good about listing incompatibilities
between versions.

adam.