Re: Autoloading modules with kernel 2.2.14

On Mon, Apr 10, 2000 at 05:23:01PM -0600, Cameron Matheson wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I want to be able to automatically load modules at boot-up, but I'm not sure how I would do it.  I edited my /etc/modules file, but none of the modules load, so I don't know what else to do.  Is their another configuration file I need to edit?  My current file looks like this:
>
> # /etc/modules
> /usr/src/linux/modules/sbpcd.o sbpcd=0x230,1
> /usr/src/linux/modules/lp.o

Try:

auto
sbpcd sbpcd=0x230,1
lp

if you have the kernel modules auto-loader turned on.  If you don't, you
can see all of the modules that you need loaded by doing a "lsmod".

Cheers,
Chris Gray

--
pick, pack, pock, puck: like drops of water in a fountain falling
softly in the brimming bowl.