Re: Linux only sees half my RAM

Viktor Rosenfeld <rosenfel@informatik.hu-berlin.de> writes:
> Ron Rademaker wrote:
>
> > PS. Editing your lilo.conf could also make your system instable in these
> > kind of situations.
>
> Huu?  How so?

I assume by getting something wrong in there, or by some quirk of your
hardware. For example, I have a laptop with 192MB of RAM. However, if
I set 192M in lilo.conf it'll lock up every boot. I have to set it to
191M in order for it to boot. I assume it's some oddity with the BIOS
reserving some of the RAM or something similiar. The first time I did
this and set it to 192M I had to boot from the rescue floppy, change
lilo.conf, rerun lilo and reboot.

Gary