Re: Java IDE

You could try using the Blackdown JDK from www.blackdown.org, get the Release
Candidate 4  (RC4), this uses native threads and has the sun JIT compiler in it.
This make a noticable improvement of speed on my machine.

It seems to work fine with all Java apps I have tried, with the exception of Together
from Object International which doesnt like the JIT when running and doesnt like
native threads when installing.

Johnny.

Martin Bishop wrote:

> Oki DZ [okidz@pindad.com] wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Have you ever run Forte on Debian systems? I have looked at it on Sun's
> > website. The doc says that to run it you'd need a powerful system (P.
> > III). The IDE is distributed on .rpm format, the size is about 9M. I was
> > wondering whether Forte would eat up so much CPU power; does it so? Any
> > experience with it? Any hope to run it on P 133?
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> > Oki
>
> Hi Oki,
>
> I've tried Forte on a Celeron 450 with 128MB using Sun's
> JDK 1.2.2 and it is slooow.
>
> On WinXX it is much better, still a bit slow, but you can
> work comfortably.
>
> If you must use a Java IDE in Linux, may I suggest JBuilder.
> It's a bit faster than Forte.
>
> MB.
>
> --
begin:vcard